I can’t believe we’re all welcoming April already!
While I started off right this March, that is, comparably fast compared to the previous months, I couldn’t sustain my reading pace and ended up slacking for the rest of the month. That goes with my reviews as well. I’m just glad I developed a habit of writing notes while reading and can go back to them when I’m ready to write my review. I started the first week of March with four books and would have preferred to read and do nothing else, but as always, priorities and reality call.
As with my challenges, I have completed some (woohoo!). Technically, I haven’t completed them since I have not posted my reviews for those books yet (my challenge progress can be viewed here). I know I said it’s going to be one of my goals in March to finish my TBR Pile Reading Challenge, but I got sidetracked. I think I’m the most distracted book blogger around here haha. No worries, I still have the rest of the year to complete them. Here’s a summary of my progress:
- Aussie Author Challenge – 1 of 3 books
- 2014 TBR Pile Challenge – 9 of 12 books
- Mental Illness Awareness Reading Challenge – 4 of 4 books → COMPLETED!
- Banned Books Challenge – 6 of 5 books → COMPLETED!
- Book-To-Movie Challenge – 8 of 9 books
- Graphic Novels & Comics Challenge – 3 of 12 books
- 50 Book Pledge – 25 of 50 books
So let’s get on with the books I read in March, shall we? All titles with hearts beside them are my favorites for this month.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ♥
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini ♥
- Riding A Crocodile by Paul Komesaroff
- Byrd by Kim Church » Read my review
- The House at the End of Hope Street by Meena Van Praag ♥
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett ♥
I hope everyone had a great March. Let’s make April a better one ;)
Roundup banner (top) was made using “Free Spirit” Digital Scrapbooking Kit (2009) by Kristen Rice and Amanda Resende